[OSList] Shipyard again

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Sun Jan 26 14:24:14 PST 2014

Wonderful! And of course a story... Boeing Aircraft needed to redesign the
way they made doors on their airframes. It seemed like 25,000 people in five
countries had some part in the action. So we (they) did an Open Space with
the invitation -- If you care about doors, come. Some 500 people showed up.
I can't give you all the details (don't know them) but the folks came from
all over, and from every part of the Door Frame Process. From the top of the
corporation to the "Door Hangers" (folks who screwed the doors on planes.)
In two days -- they did it. At least they said they did, and who am I to
argue, knowing nothing about doors, planes, or whatever.

So. Bottom line. If you want a rich solution have everybody who cares (and
can contribute). That can be a problem, but (my experience) if they care,
they will come. And if Senior Management worries about the cost, then they
should be worrying about NOT involving every piece of the system, and all
the available expertise. And "expertise" does not come just in packages
marked "Expert Consultant." It also comes in packages marked, "Those who do
the job."

Have fun! It will only get better.

ho

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD 20854
USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)
Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093
(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com
www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org