[OSList] When did you first hear about OST?

Michael M Pannwitz via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Dec 17 15:07:43 PST 2014

ok, here is a bit on my os-journey:

In an email to OSLIST on August 5, 1999 I wrote:

"Dear colleagues and friends in Open Space,
when I was introduced to Open Space three years ago by Harrison Owen and
Romy Shovelton in Roffey Park, England I had no inkling of the impact
that it would have on my consultant career. In the last 35 years I
passed through a number of transitions. From student organizer to co-op
organizer to union organizer to community organizer to Organizational
Development consultant and through various personal transitions. But
getting into Open Space is having a transformational quality that is of
another order.
After close to 50 Open Space events since 1996, a bunch of orientation
sessions for colleagues in Berlin and Germany, training with Harrison
here last fall for 64 participants, Learning Circle on Large Group
Interventions and meeting with many of you at the worldwide annual
OSonOS events I became more and more estranged from my old consultant
mode and no longer felt happy in my 25 year old job as an internal
consultant with the Protestant Church of Berlin.
As a consequence I am quitting my old job. I will be on my own starting
September 1, 1999. There will be more Open Space in my professional
life. Space for new projects..."

It worked, being on my own, and I made a living facilitating
os-events...in fact, thats just about all I did, full-time
os-facilitation for 16 years. And some 20 Trainings for about 800.

Here you could see the 171 events I accompanied from 1996 through 2012
> http://openspace-landschaft.de/ue_veranstaltung.asp?sprache=en&begleiterId=9

I am still puzzled why I got hooked but am sure that it had something to
do with experiencing the selforganisation-force full blast.

One friend suggested that this stuff liberated the real Michael in me...
as far as I can tell its going to be an endless ride... and we all had
and will have a part in it... outcome unknown... surprises ahead...

Greetings from Berlin... from here to Krakow and the next WOSonOS in
2015 its 485.06 miles... lets meet there!

mmp
--
Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 402 resident Open
Space Workers in 69 countries working in a total of 143 countries
worldwide: www.openspaceworldmap.org