[OSList] For Harrison, on his 79th Birthday: A poem.

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Dec 3 12:29:01 PST 2014

As your current OSLIST Poet Laureate, I wish to show you all how poetic you all are. And to lovely Harrison, a big hug, a sip out of your silver goblet of rich brown fiery liquid, or a sip out of your icy cold and clear martini glass (whichever you will share with me), a tip of the hat to you, and here is your birthday poem…

— Lisa
(also known as Access Queen)

___

For Harrison on his 79th Birthday
December 2, 2014

.  .  .  .

I get to celebrate increasing "80ishness" for the next twelve months. Just think of the trouble I can cause :-)

.  .  .  .

Harrison…
Harrison!
Dear Harrison!
Dear HO
ho! ho! ho!
(ho, ho, ho!)
Happy Birthday Harrison!
Happy birthday dear Harrison!
Happy Birthday!!
Happy birthday to youuuu
It will indeed be a joyous chorus

With tremendous gratitude for you!
A good time to thank you for all you bring to this community.

A special day!
Have a wonderful day Harrison!

May I start the Joyous Chorus to wish you another mighty good year!
I’m celebrating you, Harrison with the lovely principles I’ve learned, thanks to you!

Harrison, dear friend to us all!
To my dear and admired friend.

I appreciate your knowledge and wisdom and the stories that you share with all of us.

Our great friend, brother.
Raven seems to have arrived on my shoulder as I write this note
May the spirit of Raven join the community of spirits surrounding you today.
May you be blessed by a turtle or two.

I just revelled in memories of his 75th birthday party on his visit here.
Someone had set up a pretty impressive martini cocktail bar...
Just a reminder on what it took to have him discover OST.

You're a great guy.
Cheers!
Hugs
It goes a birthday hug
Happy beer day!

Wandering in the wild,
I hope you will enjoy a dry martini or two to celebrate
You, life and open space.
I never before experienced martinis that dry!

You continue to be an inspiration!
Noticing the great story that lives beneath the everyday.
And finding the simplest way in the world to share it with all of us,
A story that we can all share with others.

May you enjoy every bit of each conversation on this list and let us know your stories everytime you feel like it !

HARRISO*/NOW/*EN
A HUGE AMOUNT
OF FURTHER */NOW/*´S
TO YOU.

A deep bow of respect and gratitude for how your work continues to impact
Me, my local community, my industry, and our planet.

Every time I open space with the potted history of OST
and where possible the story of your two-martini idea
(or was that three martinis?)
I am filled with a sense of deep gratitude
that I've had the privilege of meeting you in person
and interacting with your ideas through this list.

Thanks for all!!
Thank you for all the you do.
All the best.
Enjoy!

Cordially,
Shalom,
Warm salaams,
With love my friend,
Much love,
Many happy returns to you my friend…
With love, gratitude and appreciation.

From Chile big hello.
A big hug from Chile!
From your Haiti family
From all over the world including
Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Haiti, Malaysia, Norway, the Philippines, and the USA

And may experimenting with 80ishness
be as inventive and joyful
as everything else you've done thus far.

— by Jeff Aitken, Jorge Amigo, Carmela Ariza, Chris Corrigan, Suzanne Daigle, Lise Damkjaer Gerardo de Luzenberger, Patrick  E. Bastian Duarte, Ingrid Ebeling, John Engle, Florian Fischer, Susanna George, Lisa Heft, Agustín Jimenez, Chris Kloth, Christine Kohler, Daniel Mezick, Kevin O’Brien, Harrison Owen, Michael P Pannwitz, Christine Whitney Sanchez, Harold Shinsato, Hege Steinsland, Donnan M. Stoicovy and Juan Luis Walker

_____