[OSList] A 24/7 Hotline for OS

Lisa Heft - lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sat Aug 23 09:55:24 PDT 2014

Hi, Lucas - one thing that comes to mind here is that we are an international group across different time zones. Something to inform cost, access, and other elements.
The other thing to think about is that the OSLIST itself is a 24 hour / 7 days a week international consulting-feedback-support network. So it might be interesting to think about how phone technology, cost, time zone alignment, speaking / reading in languages that are not one’s first-language and other things are improved or not by phone contact. And then another thing to think about are that questions asked / thoughts shared here on the OSLIST are written for all to ‘listen in on’ and share thinking about. So that might speak to how the learning accessed by two people (on a phone conversation) can be shared for other peoples’ learning as well - as not everyone has the same ability / time / life to be able to schedule or sit in on calls (or ‘hangouts’ or whatever may be the technology), access audio files / podcasts, and so on.
Just some ideas to share into that fertile mind of yours…
Lisa