[OSList] org'n works too good to use OST…?

Elisabeth Tepper Kofod elitepperk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 07:20:44 PDT 2014

So interesting and right on time!
Right now in day 2 of an OST training in Venezuela, and one of the issues
in the group, of course, is when to use OST, when not to use it and the
importance of the theme that generates true passion and commitment.
Thanks Thomas, for sharing!
Love
Elisabeth

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Thomas Herrmann <
thomas at openspaceconsulting.com> wrote:

> Had a "funny" experience yesterday when I facilitated an OST with an
> organization that I mentioned about earlier, they have dived into OST and
> use the approach more and more in everyday life. Every August they have 1-2
> days with all employees. Last year we had 2 full days (twice with half the
> staff each time) in OST resulting in a total of 23 action plans implemented
> by self managed workgroups. We have had follow up meetings reporting the
> progress from teams that now have dissolved or are still working. Their
> business (a hospital) now runs really smoothly, producing well over targets
> with energy and high spirit.
> Out of different reasons the message for the first of this years
> conferences (one full day, next Friday is the next - for the other half of
> the staff) was a bit blurry (in my opinion/how I experience it) so the
> energy was not so high (setting agenda was really slooooow, didn't
> experience anything like that in the hundreds of events I have
> facilitated!) and some thought the day was a bit boring/slow. At the end
> most who were still there were happy(some left early - long day on Friday
> is not a good choice either)  - 9 action plans with concrete improvements!
> I used re-opening space, so it was all by invitation (-:
>
> Anyhow, a challenge may be to find a really hot theme when business runs
> so good… I am now in communication with the leadership about how we can get
> the steam going better next Friday.
> Any experiences to share, ideas and/or suggestions?
> Warm regards
> Thomas Herrmann

*E**lisabeth **T**epper **K**ofod*
*Facilitadora de Procesos de Transformación*
Genuine Contact Professional & Co-owner
Master Practitioner. Coach & Trainer PNL
Terapia Sistémica - Constelaciones Familiares
elitepperk at gmail.com
58 212 986 4254
58 424 256 5855