[OSList] org'n works too good to use OST…?

Eric stars2man at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 06:10:02 PDT 2014

My experience has been specifically with pumping up passions. . . groups will naturally morph to present themes.

A random improve technique is what I've seen most effective, even with the stale old boring folks.  It can start as simple as a Name-Game.  Everyone stands in a circle and states their first name spinning round the circle back to you.  "Let's do it again with one word names!"  With kids I would challenge them to see how fast they can do it, without interrupting each other.  This evolves from one-word, to single syllable nick-names.  Each time it came back to me I would do the circle again with another word, a passion, skill or immediate feeling.  Here's where you can really get everyone focused again.

If you really make it dynamic encouraging people to express, if gets kinda cool, especially with like a dozen people.  Like give me a passion that rhymes with your name, "Eric the Engineer," Donna the Dean, no rules of course, just spontaneous expressions. . .

The idea is to create Flow, strong and present.  Then you can direct it better.  So if your Hospital group is having trouble settling on new workgroups/plans . . .Give them something they can all chime in about . . .  "this time give me one word, on Hospital Food" . . .  now ask others to suggest a theme for one-word responses. . .

If you have a really large group you can still do it easily.  "Everyone who had lunch from the vending machine last month stand up" . . . now create your circle again really quick by asking they state their names as you point . . . now do the same process as you point around the room. . . Too many people, not creating flow.  "now let's have mom's born in December stand up. . . "

What's kinda interesting for me doing these kinda things, is often people think it's child-games and it is.  So of course everyone gets into it playing like the child we all are. . . course it's also great to team-build, create community, inspire innovation . . . etc ;-)

here's another must see challenge on the same vibe:

http://socialmarketing.blogs.com/r_craiig_lefebvres_social/2014/08/the-future-of-social-marketing-craigs-happiness-talk.html
Have a
wonderful Day
Eric

Eric R.R. Weaver, MBA, MSM, Research Associate
Patel College of Global Sustainability
University of South Florida

http://eweaver.myweb.usf.edu/