[OSList] What would a harvest from a long OSList discussion look like?

Lucas Cioffi lucas at barkbest.com
Fri Aug 8 11:51:46 PDT 2014

Hi All,

Someone reached out and suggested I try a word cloud of the conversation.
 I took a few minutes to copy the 50 emails from the conversation entitled
"Management and Organization" which has been running for the past month. I
pasted it below, and if the word cloud doesn't come through as an
attachment, you can also see it online here
<ttps://barkbest.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/screen-shot-2014-08-08-at-2-34-55-pm.png>
.

Word clouds are helpful, but I'm still left wanting more.  I can't put my
finger on it.

I'm thinking that there must be some very creative harvesting methods used
by facilitators in this group, using graphic facilitation and other
methods. * Are your approaches to in-person harvesting applicable
to harvesting one of our 50-email discussions?*

I'm listening to see if I can create a software for harvesting &
summarizing email threads to unlock some of the knowledge buried in the
OSList archives and breath new life into some of our dormant yet valuable
discussion threads from the past.

Lucas Cioffi
Co-Founder, Bark!Best
Charlottesville, VA