[OSList] "Parallel" Open Space at XP2014 Rome?

Graydancer graydancer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 09:22:54 PDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM, paul levy <paul at cats3000.net> wrote:

> Perhaps those who don't think these blended forms work, are bringing a
> purist mindset that creates a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes
> do it by the book, and sometimes let the in-the-moment book of life suggest
> the pace and form.

​...or perhaps it is simply a matter of taste, and therefore whether it is
childish or silly (I'm sorry, were those words supposed to be *negative*?)
it is simply a matter of preference.

I'm very glad to see that your events went well. I suspect that your being
able to plan them from the beginning (my, how I envy that "we" you keep
mentioning) ​is a good measure of the success.

In my experiences it has been more along the lines of "We keep hearing good
things about these events of yours. We don't want to do one like that, but
we can give you 3 hours because we need something new for our conference."
They usually have no idea what Open Space is, either from experience or
research. It's just the sexy new flavor.

Therefore, I choose to say "No thank you." Not from dogmatic reasons, but
more for personal preference - much like my weariness with "programmed
conferences." I'm not sure how a preference can be outdated or childish.
Perhaps you mean to say you are tired of hearing other people talk about
it? That I can certainly understand.

Gray
----
About.Me <http://about.me/graydancer>