[OSList] (was) Open Space in schools - now: OST boundaries? constraints?

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Mon Sep 30 11:08:15 PDT 2013

No problem Dan. I can't tell you why other people mention them, but my
reason is a simple one. It's a nice thing to do. It all goes with the
Invitation...

So - were I to invite you to my birthday party I could simply say "Come for
my B'day 12/2/13 at noon, Inn at Glen Echo." That has all the essential
information, but it is a little bit abrupt. It might be nice to give some
hint about what could happen - just to peak your interest and make you feel
more at comfortable. Maybe something about fabulous guests, surprising
happenings, total freedom to enjoy...to say nothing of Martinis!

So with the 5 Principles and the Law. They were in fact generated by simple
observation. Over the years, and indeed from the beginning, they always
seemed to happen. Even when they weren't expected. And I am totally
convinced that they would still show up if never mentioned. They don't
created the openness of the space - they simply acknowledge it. So why even
mention them? It's a nice thing to do. And once mentioned people get rather
attached to them. I've tried to get away with silence, and have been pulled
up short every time...

So what to do? Just be nice J

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to: