[OSList] (was) Open Space in schools - now: OST boundaries? constraints?

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 02:15:33 PDT 2013

Dear Lisa

Thank you! Your post evokes something very simple and very rich for me.

The Law and Principles are indeed invitations... not prescriptive just a
shared reminder of how wonderful self-organizing and life can be in the
moment and our shared time  together. It  invites the rich nutrient of
life. It is a ritual that we as facilitators can deliver newly every time
while inviting others to hear it newly also and for many indeed, it is
their first time in Open Space.  Our world is so fast and so often we feel
burdened by so much, these principles and law can be really grounding. I
don't think I would have "gotten" Open Space in a more conscious way
without the principles and the law.  Now I know they are part of me and no
words are needed yet I never tire of saying them or hearing them again and
again -- whether short and sweet or a bit longer.

In terms of your last statements, using more words or less... I love that
too. I've never been a person of few words; I love words, speaking them and
hearing them with the intention of the spirit of Open Space and being in
life. When that intention of opening and holding the space is there,
creating a nutrient and safe space, isn't it all that matters. And the
beauty is that we  can each do this as facilitators by being ourselves - no
set recipe, no right or wrong way, just being vibrantly who we are in that
role.

Suzanne

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group