[OSList] Open Space Economics? Be Prepared to be Surprised!

Brett Barndt barndtbrett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 13:44:48 PDT 2013

People more or less believe because they have been carefully taught for a
few generations by the educational establishment and its institutions.
Plenty has been written about why that came to be.

There are a lot of interesting themes here to dissect. It will take some
time. He touches on physics, which was rejected by those promoting
monetarist notions because it challenges the over-simplified assumptions of
Neo-Liberalism that Greenspan more or less admitted failed in his Oct 23,
2008 congressional testimony. However, Minsky said many of these things a
long time ago. The question then is why was he not advanced and promoted
forward of monetarists in the "democratic" marketplace of ideas? Why are so
many of us now pillaged of much of our productive achievement this long
after Minsky?

Christopher Hollis book Two Nations: A Financial History of England sheds
some light on the machine of sophistry surrounding economic thought for now
about 300 yrs. It is a useful companion in any process of reading economics
from any author today.

Discourse analysis is required corollary to economic writing. There are too
many vested interests in the outcomes. And, in blocking innovation that
fundamentally challenges the status quo. And, too much influence of
funding, publishing, promotion, media, politician's planks, all influenced
by those vested interests. It is hard to say what ideas actually have
merit, since the money interests ultimately decide for "the Market".

One thing we do know, is these theories are failing 99% of the population.
Actually more when we look at all the 7B. And, ecology and life itself.