[OSList] Facilitating the Uncovering of Assumptions

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Thu Sep 19 05:17:49 PDT 2013

John - what you say makes perfect sense. Good conversation should be linear
and logical, flowing in a single direction. Sounds effective and efficient.
But my experience just doesn't get me to that place. Over the years I have
found several things - First, most people don't have a clue what they are
talking about until they start to talk. Secondly, The beginnings of all deep
rich conversations always go in circles. The end point of rich conversations
rarely if ever match the original goal. So while it may be possible the
"shape the river banks" it turns out that the river really does have a mind
of its own. The only effective driver I've found is genuine and shared
passion - call it common caring. Given that, no added process is needed.
Indeed, any added process inevitably produces a sub-optimal result.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

 <x-msg://265/www.openspaceworld.com%20> www.openspaceworld.com

 <x-msg://265/www.ho-image.com%20> www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to: