[OSList] 1000 pax OST in November - need your thoughts

Peggy Holman peggy at peggyholman.com
Thu Sep 5 13:39:10 PDT 2013

Lisa,

I smiled as a read how you figure out how many spaces to set up.  I'll have to remember it!  It makes great sense.

Over the years, I've developed a rule of thumb that works for me.  I've noticed that in a mid-sized group, say 50-300 people, about 1/3 of people post sessions.  When the group is small, it moves towards 1/2 the people.  In really small groups, under 15, there might be more sessions than people.  And in larger groups, the numbers drop to about 20%.  So that's how I estimate, always erring on the generous side.

Your layout instructions are also great!

Like you, with really large groups, I like to organize the agenda wall with one time period per wall.  And when using a big space for breakouts, I've borrowed Michael Pannwitz's use of balloons with labels as space markers.

So many glorious ways to create hospitable space!

Peggy