[OSList] the serendipity machine

gerardo de luzenberger xge at loci.it
Tue Sep 17 08:03:45 PDT 2013

I'm just back from the netherlands, where I have visited an interesting
company - it's called seats2meet. They set up a network of business centers
that offer physical coworking, office and meeting spaces. They describe
their business model as a serendipity machine in a booklet you can download
here http://theserendipitymachine.com/

What is amazing is that they host freely coworkers (including wifi, coffee
and food). IN exchange they ask them to share their knowledges and skills
with others. They do this using a software platform they call "the third"
space.

Even if they never quoted open space their approach is really tuned with
it. And I think that Open Space can be also considered to some extent as a
serendipity machine, a "third" space that opens to unexpected conversations
and knowledge exchange.

all the best from Milan
ge

*Gerardo de Luzenberger**
****Mob: +39 3293281343*
*Tel: +39 02 89751746*
*Fax: +39 02 87151318 *
*Skype: gerardodeluz –
*xge at loci.it<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/blocked::mailto:xge@loci.it>
*IAF: Certified Professional Facilitator*

*genius**loci *

*facilitation & development
PREMIO IMPRESA INNOVATIVA E CREATIVA
DELLA PROVINCIA DI MILANO
*www.loci.it <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/blocked::http://www.loci.it/> –
info at loci.it <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/blocked::mailto:info@loci.it>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/geniusloci/

Sede legale: Via A. Volta 12 - 20121 Milano – Italy
Uffici: Via A. Volta 6 - 20121 Milano – Italy

****

*Prima di stampare questa mail pensa all'ambiente! **Please consider the
environment before deciding to print this e-mail** *

AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA
Il contenuto e gli allegati di questo messaggio sono strettamente
confidenziali. Ne è vietata la diffusione e l'uso non autorizzato. Qualora
il presente messaggio le fosse pervenuto per errore, le saremmo grati se lo
distruggesse e, via e-mail, ce ne comunicasse l'errata ricezione
all'indirizzo info at loci.it<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/blocked::mailto:info@loci.it>
This e-mail (and any attachment(s)) is strictly confidential and for use
only by intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient(s),
please notify it via e-mail at
info at loci.it<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/blocked::mailto:info@loci.it>promp