[OSList] Touting one of our own!

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 16:40:39 PDT 2013

Yes Peggy Holman inspired me much yesterday with the first in a series on what
do we need from
journalism?<http://www.journalismthatmatters.net/what_do_we_need_from_journalism>

Others in our community are familiar with the work that Peggy has been
doing in journalism, in the Open Space community, working with clients
around the world, as an author and so much more. Peggy has been on a
13-year journey working with journalists –it is indeed a passion of hers.
Perhaps others are not familiar with her work and contributions, hence my
post today.

I was inspired by what she wrote and also by a recent radio
interview<http://peggyholman.com/a-radio-interview-on-the-heart-of-it-all/>that
she did (Thank you Christine Koehler for mentioning it).
In her article Peggy  says: “When our institutions cease to serve us well,
it shows up in the complexity of the issues we face and conflicts over how
best to handle them. At such times, *journalism that helps us to navigate
through uncertainty* can inspire and equip us -- the public -- to engage
with complex challenges, taking charge of the well-being of our communities
and our democracies.”

Peggy has been opening some important space in the world and in journalism.
It’s one of the amazing things about Open Space – we engage in life more
powerfully with our own unique gifts and we invite others to do the same.  We
discover the power of the Law of 2 Feet.

Soon I am hoping some of our Millennials in Florida, who were exposed to
Open Space only recently and who are trying their hand at opening space for
the very first time, will soon share *their* experiences and get to know
some of the fine folks on our OS list and the important work many are doing
in so many areas. We will also learn tons from them, their perspectives and
their take on life.

Yes I realize that I have been posting often on this list lately; perhaps
more often than my share but darn when great stuff is happening amidst the
sorrow, the pain and the fear that exists in these turbulent times, my
fingers just can’t get off the keyboard, so happy am I to be part of this
OS community and the incredible gang of folks that you all are – ordinary
people and extraordinary people who want to make a difference!

So Peggy this is my contribution to your call to action: telling a story as
you are urging journalists to do that provides positive images which
inspire and spark action.

Suzanne

--
Suzanne Daigle