[OSList] Jasmina Nikolic recognized for opening access and space in Higher Education in Serbia

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 07:40:21 PDT 2013

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Sometimes it's hard to contain our excitement about Open Space and  the
feeling of pure joy and sheer luck to be involved in this work.   And when
it happens to someone you met who experienced Open Space for their first
time  at an event that you facilitated, who then goes on to open and
re-open space in an area as important as education, well you just can't
help but gush about it, especially when those people become close friends
and colleagues which is what happens so often in this Open Space community.

The Open Space I am referring to was a two-day "Scrum beyond Software" in
Phoenix hosted by Tobias Mayer, that took place in 2010. It's where I met
Jasmina; Harold was there too and many others, including Kennan Salinero, a
scientist, who will be facilitating open space for other scientists for the
first time in the San Francisco area this weekend. I facilitated two events
with her in the past 3 years. She too is a dear friend.

As Open Space facilitators and as women, we don't want to take credit or
bring visibility to what we do (in fact it's in the DNA of our role,
napping and such)  but sometimes when great stuff happens to people we know
and amazing spaces are bursting open, well we just want to let it rip and
say: Hallelujah and Congrads!

It makes us so darn happy (and yes humble too) to imagine that many others
are experiencing Open Space, sitting in a circle, connecting deeply and
getting to work on issues that they are passionate about.

So thanks Harold for gushing with me about Jas and let's hope that we will
all gush for each other, sharing stories, our own or others, celebrating
the exponential growth of Open Space around the World.  To see this work
recognized in Academia is a mighty fine thing...and no (wink, wink) we
won't question why it's been taking so long.

Suzanne

Suzanne Daigle
Open Space Facilitator
NuFocus Strategic Group