[OSList] The OST Game

Phelim McDermott phelim at mac.com
Wed Oct 23 13:15:22 PDT 2013

Hi Paul and all

....also here we come back to Carse's distinction between a finite and an infinite game.

A finite game has a goal..... to win. (Our predominant culture)
an infinite game is played for the pleasure of the game itself..

if life were played for the infinite game as apposed to the finite game our society would be different..

this is Carse's thesis as I understand it.

I think when i discovered OST i realised it was the infinite game possibility that flirted with my interest.

however as Carse says an infinite game can easily and often is played as a finite game..

Best regards,

Phelim McDermott

I generally pick up emails only at the beginning and end of the working day. I am currently aiming to respond the following day. If it is urgent please call me on 07956 187298.

www.improbable.co.uk
@openspacer