[OSList] Help please ~ In the invitation, how do I encourage participation in a whole multi-day event?

Chris Weaver chrisgweaver13 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 03:13:09 PDT 2013

Hi OSlist,

In the role of co-sponsor rather than facilitator, I am crafting an
invitation to a multi-day "all-stakeholder" OST for a public school and its
community.

There has never been a meeting of this length in this community before.
 Everyone is busy with work and kids, and many are asking, "Can I just come
to one or two of the days/sessions instead of all three?"

The meeting is part of a strategic planning process and includes a
convergence.  Continuity in this meeting will be a great asset.

The sponsoring group can respond to this question of "Is it okay to just
come for part of it?" in several ways:  in the invitation itself, on the
online RSVP form (designing fields for people to sign up for part rather
than whole), in conversation with people, and in other messages to the
community (letter from board president & executive director, etc).

If you were the sponsor or facilitator, how would you answer this question?

Thanks!
Chris