[OSList] Open Space at a school on Tuesday

Jamie Colston jamiecolston at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 16 14:01:36 PDT 2013

Dear All,

Thank you for you ears, thoughts and advice over the last couple of weeks.
I really appreciate it. Just to let you know that I opened space on
Tuesday. It began at 9.07 (rather than 9am when there were only 3 people
there and I was extremely concerned!). However we had 16 students, 6
governors and a deputy head there for the full event (well deputy head had
to leave at 11.15 to teach). We also had a further 3 teachers drop, 30
aspiring teachers from the local university who came to watch for 5 mins
and ask questions and a trainee head teacher who dropped by. The head of
the school joined us at the beginning (where he looked concerned) and at
the end (when he thankfully heard a lot of extremely positive feedback and
was therefore very happy).
I held the whole space calmly allowing the craziness and the flow just to
be and designed the ending process at about 10.30, about half way through
the open space when I was struggling because I had none of the graphic
facilitation team who were supposed to be helping with the event.
I laugh now because truly it is funny how it all managed to come together
and work. I love it because it just does!
With love and gratitude

Jamie

P.S If anyone is interested I am would love to work out how to build open
space into the overall flow of the leadership development I am doing with
the students.

--
*Jamie Colston*

Enabling young people to design inspiring events and host conversations
that matter to them, empowering them to find their voice and take practical
action towards creating a sustainable, peaceful and equitable world.

*M: *07909 442006 *E: *jamiecolston at gmail.com* *

*FB/Linked In/Skype:* Jamie Colston  *Twitter*: spearthwarrior

*Nowhere ecl  www.now-here.com/ecl*

*Green Vision Movement  www.greenvisionmovement.org*

**** <http://www.bathamptoncsa.wordpress.com/>* *