[OSList] Invitation to tomorrow’s NCDD Confab on Rockefeller’s GATHER

Sandy Heierbacher sandy at ncdd.org
Tue Nov 19 13:30:28 PST 2013

Hi, OST friends!  I wanted to extend an invitation to tomorrow's "NCDD Confab call" to any of you who are interested.  We have some spots open yet and you're welcome to join us.

For this month's confab (interactive call with our members featuring leaders in the field), which is tomorrow (Nov 20) from 2-3pm Eastern, we’ll be talking with Rob Garris and Noah Rimland Flower about the Rockefeller Foundation’s new publication GATHER: The Art & Science of Effective Convening.

Please register asap at http://ncdd.org/confabreg-nov2013 to reserve your spot.

The Rockefeller Foundation and Monitor Institute released GATHER earlier this year as a free hands-on guidebook for all convening designers and social change leaders who want to tap into a group’s collective intelligence and make substantial progress on a shared challenge.

The call will provide a great opportunity to learn more about how foundations are thinking about their role as convenors, and think through your own role and strategies as a convenor.  Our featured speakers tomorrow are Rob Garris, Managing Director at Rockefeller Foundation (Rob oversees their Bellagio conference center, and oversaw the creation of GATHER) and Noah Rimland Flower of the Monitor Institute (one of GATHER’s two co-authors). NCDD’s Board Chair, Marla Crockett, will be facilitating tomorrow’s call.

You're all welcome to participate!  And whether or not you'll be joining us tomorrow, you can download the publication at http://www.monitorinstitute.com/what-we-think/gather/ for free (click on "get the book".

Sandy Heierbacher
Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation
sandy at ncdd.org • www.ncdd.org • @ncdd & @heierbacher