[OSList] Fw: Supporting an ingenious idea: an ongoing series of wisdom councils as a TV series in the US

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 19:30:07 PST 2013

friends,
please consider supporting this initiative and passing this info on to others!

I really think this proposed project is a really important piece for addressing the challenges we are facing as a planet.

thanks!
raffi

Dear all,

although I am not writing very often in this list I want to draw your attention today to a very interesting project.

Many of you (especially the Europeans) know already Dynamic Facilitation and Wisdom Council – methods which have a high congruence with the principles and values of Genuine Contact.

The originator of the Wisdom Council Jim Rough (american) and Martin Rausch (swiss) have an ingenious plan: They would like to bring the Wisdom Council to US television - not once, but as a TV-series. In this ongoing TV-Event a group of randomly selected people form the Wisdom Council and work through a tough-to-solve issue and then present their unified perspective to a live-audience. How they reach their unified perspective will be filmed as well. Then the live-audience starts a deep conversation and the TV-viewers join per internet. From my point of view this is a very exciting project - especially in times of partisan gridlock in US politics.

The project is explained in a short entertaining video which can be seen here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654970737/sizzle-the-wisdom-council-live

The reason for this video and for the crowd-funding campaign is that Jim Rough und Martin Rausch want to raise 30.000 $ to produce a sizzle - a promotional video - for TV networks. Supported by a realitv-TV expert in Los Angeles they will pitch (present) this project to the networks. Kickstarter is a crowd-funding-plattform on which many creative projects are presented and financed with.

With spreading this project and making a small (or large) contribution you can get involved and help kickoff something that could have a huge effect. The money will only be charged if they reach their fundraising goal of 30.000 $ by december 7. (After the first three days there 23 backers and US$ 4360 pledged.)

I would really enjoy to see this happen!

Warm regards

Matthias
Groups "Genuine Contact" group.
genuine-contact+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/genuine-contact?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Genuine Contact" group.