[OSList] [SPAM] A.MX - Re: Ang.: How to assess the effectiveness of an OS Meeting.

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Mon May 6 13:22:17 PDT 2013

Annamarie - Yes I think that all systems are self organizing, but that
doesn't mean that all of them work perfectly all of the time, nor that they
won't come to an ending point. Indeed one of the marks of a self-organizing
system (organic system) is that it always has a beginning, middle and end.
So what about community gardens? Or community anything? Same thing, I think.
As for your garden. Sounds to me like a classic case of the "Nicies" -
Everybody wants to be "nice," not say anything nasty (even if honest) so
nothing gets said. And the results, sooner or later, are predictable.
Communication closes down, system space contracts, and morbidity, even
morality results. Living, self organizing systems don't do very well when
they can't breathe. Or something.

ho

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to: