[OSList] Tension growing

Peggy Holman peggy at peggyholman.com
Wed Mar 13 10:56:36 PDT 2013

Adriana,

I find people get nervous when they don't know what to do with themselves.  With traditional conferences, there's lots of activity that just isn't necessary with Open Space.  So if there are tasks that they can handle -- inviting people, decorating the room, something meaningful that relates to creating a welcoming environment -- they don't spend so much time being anxious.

Peggy

_________________________________
Peggy Holman
peggy at peggyholman.com

15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.peggyholman.com
www.journalismthatmatters.org

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get burnt, is to become
the fire".
  -- Drew Dellinger