[OSList] inquiry OS

Celia Bray CEO Omni One celia.bray at omni-one-consulting.com
Tue Mar 5 07:08:12 PST 2013

Dear OS community

THANK YOU!!

Your reflections are like water in the desert. I have been working in remote
areas around India, Nepal and now I am in Kenya and can see how much I have
missed my peers to reflect and create with.

Key issues for me to take on from your feedback are in setting the context
from the beginning within which people feel safe, free and want to be there
with accurate expectations. So the invitation process and setting the scene
is where I can see I have skipped some critical steps. Especially in a new
culture. I will take a lot more time next time to be mindful in the
invitation process and also find out how to create the safety for people
(from their cultural rituals etc) to break out of their small tribes in the
event and follow their passion.

Thank you again. I will go through each of your responses again and create a
new context for the next open space. I love OS and working in new cultures
stretches me so much because culture has a bit impact on people's freedom to
innovate, speak and be themselves. There is a universality about OS, but I
am still learning about how to reach the hearts and passion of people in
different contexts.

Yours in Appreciation!

Perhaps I should organise an international OSonOS in Kenya :-) Bring you all
over!

Celia Bray
CEO
Omni One Ltd
Peace, Enterprise and Community Development
P  +254 735 191 344
E  celia.bray at omni-one-consulting.com
W www.omni-one-consulting.com

'The best way to predict the future is to create it' Peter Druker