[OSList] WOSonOS2013 Florida... June 13 Reprise and Update

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 14:50:11 PDT 2013

Dear friends and colleagues....

An insightful quote from Michael Pannwitz to Eleder (May 29) made me smile.

He said:  "If you find, that you yourself are the sponsor you can stop
worrying and find a facilitator for your event."

Indeed not so long ago, I was the sponsor and also the facilitator...at
WOSonOS in Florida.   I'll admit that it was not always easy wearing both
hats and it would be my intention to follow the wise advice of our esteemed
colleague in Berlin when I work with clients or host a community Open Space
in the future. I was totally aware of the drawbacks and yet somehow I found
it within myself during the event itself to put aside any attachment to
outcome, to rely on a wonderful team in the Newsroom, for food, hosting,
etc. and to fully enjoy and breathe in this great privilege of facilitating
the WOSonOS.

What I was unprepared for however was how sad I would be when all was said
and done, after people all left. I longed for it to last forever. Perhaps
it is what Harrison meant when he wrote his book "Expanding our Now".  If I
was in love with Open Space well before all of this started, I know that I
am madly in love with this community and all who were drawn to come to
Florida in person or virtually.

Today I wrote a note to all who attended and I am copying all of you,
extending a personal invitation, adding my voice to Ben Robert's and Kevin
Blossfeld's,  to join us for the WOSonOS2013 Virtual Reprise scheduled for
June 13, 2013 from 4 p.m  to 6 p.m. Eastern US time.

*Other information that I shared may also  be of interest: *

"With a tug in my heart, I still feel your absence…three weeks after the
World Open Space on Open Space in St. Petersburg.  Thank you so much for
being part of this great gathering – whether you were on the
multi-generational global/local planning team or an attendee who made the
trip to Florida, traveling from near or far. I can only imagine the deep
friendships that were forged during our time together and the learning
collaborations with people from around the world of all ages. In the end,
that is the essence of a WOSonOS gathering!

The spirit of your conversations and the actions they inspired are alive
and well.  There is a lot of excitement in Serbia with Jasmina Nikolic who
has begun assembling a team, in partnership with the University of
Belgrade, who will be co-hosting WOSonOS2014.

The Talking Stick has a place of honor in the Balkans!  Many in Europe
inside the Open Space community and  folks from universities outside of
Serbia have already said they’re planning to attend.

*Virtual WOSonOS REPRISE*

In case you missed it, here’s an invitation to participate in a *Virtual
Open Space WOSonOS* *REPRISE* using Maestro conference. The intention is to
recapture a bit of the magic of our time together and  to look back on what
we learned sharing any new insights, initiatives or actions that we’ve
taken or are planning.  *Ben Roberts* and *Kevin Blossfeld* will co-host
this WOSonOS Reprise on Thursday June 13th starting  at 4 until 6 pm US
Eastern time.
Plan to register
<http://wosonos2013.crowdvine.com/pages/virtual_reprise>now, if you’ve
not done so already. Thank you to those who registered
already. I know some of you will be up *very early in the morning* while
others will be *staying up late at night* to join!  It will be such fun
hearing each other’s voices again. Ben created a Google doc
Marketplace<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f06r4l08arRiKUqvv68e9UdUd8rqKOw7uNbyFaMPhOM/edit>and
Butterfly
Garden<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19KF7dW1wRiqe4ama_w55HeWwPcMj7OgdHcQcoopNmbQ/edit>to
add thoughts and messages.  I couldn’t resist and created a collage of
photos taken at USFSP Student Center and also included a peak of where it’s
happening next year.

*BOOK of Proceedings and more…!*

Typically in Open Space, one would expect a complete Book of Proceedings to
appear in your inbox shortly after or at the end of the last day of the
event. It’s a bit different at a World Open Space because its purpose is a
deeper learning and sharing. Open Space practitioners expect and appreciate
the extra reflection time to refine and supplement their reports. This year
by using Google.doc in the newsroom, it invited a  more collaborative and
user-friendly way to contribute to the note taking.  What a wonderful
experiment.  Expecting that other Open Space folks will be following our
lead in the future. (thank* you Aaron Wasserman *for inspiring us in this
Google direction).  We’re also planning to include photos and videos as
part of the final document while experimenting with some new software
applications that will give vibrancy and color to the report.

If you don’t want to wait for the book of proceedings *CHECK OUT* our
WOSONOS2013
Website <http://wosonos2013.crowdvine.com/pages/photos> *.  *Click on
*discussion
highlights * to read the 44 amazingly insightful reports or *photos link *to
get a feel for what happened.   The videos have not been uploaded yet
(sorry about that); hopefully we’ll get that done soon.

*Finally, I *know that Millennial Leaders in Florida are on fire! The
training in Open Space (thank you Lisa Heft and Diane Gibeault) and Scrum
technology (thank you Devon Morris, certified Scrum Master trainer) is
igniting multiple opportunities for shared leadership on many fronts in St.
Petersburg, Tampa and beyond. Thank you also to the University of South
Florida St. Petersburg and the Bishop Center for Ethical Leadership and
Civic Engagement – you have trail blazed an important university
collaboration and partnership with the Open Space community and it’s
exciting now to imagine that other institutions will be joining in the
future in Serbia and other places.

Let’s plan to meet virtually on June 13th!"

Suzanne

--
Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group