[OSList] Death of Cheryl Honey, Community Weaver

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 03:06:53 PDT 2013

Dear List,
in April of this year Cheryl Honey passed away. The news of her tragic
death moved a number of us to send messages to the OSLIST and Scott
Gassman suggested to have some kind of recognition notation.

At the same time I heard of Shaktari Belew who had been working with
Cheryl on writing the story of her life and asked her to send a note
that I could post in the Open Space World Map. You see the note at the
bottom of this email. I had to shorten it considerably to get it into
Cheryls info box in the World Map, look here
> http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/moreinfo/businesscard.php?p_id=638&country_name=United%20States%20of%20America&c_id=188

And here is Shaktari's complete note:

"We are sad to announce that Cheryl has passed away, but her work
remains strong in the hearts of so many.

If you would like to contribute stories regarding Cheryl, especially if
they significantly impacted your life, please
consider forwarding them to her friend, Shaktari Belew, at
shaktari at gmail.com.  Put "Cheryl Honey" in the subject field.
We are hoping to compile a biographical book on Cheryl's powerful work
so that her decades of experience as a
true COMMUNITY WEAVER can be shared and inspire community weavers worldwide.

Thank you for your willingness to contribute to the weaving of more
resilient, collaborative, and caring communities.

Forward stories to: shaktari at gmail.com, subject: Cheryl Honey"

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 409 resident Open
Space Workers in 72 countries working in a total of 143 countries
worldwide: www.openspaceworldmap.org