[OSList] (no subject)

Jaime Pedreros jpedrerosf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 09:22:23 PST 2013

Dear OST list,

First of all, a great hug to all of you wishing an excellent year,
plenty of success and new experiences in the ever fascinating world of
Open Space.

I have been working in the design of a training seminar about the
succession process within the family business environment. To my
surprise, I have found that a lot of research have been done,
especially in the management of the so called “family component”
which, different from the technical set of circumstances (taxation,
valuation, estate, accounting, etc.) involves a myriad of human
relations and family dynamics topics. Most practitioners in
facilitating/counseling the management of the “family component”
recommend the conformation of two groups: one with the directly
involved family members and a second one with the extended family
(which might include key employees) in order to develop a plan and
conduct the subsequent process through formal and informal gatherings
and meetings.

I am sure that most of you have a coincident feeling about the
possibility of using OST to conduct these meetings and am also sure
that some of you have worked in succession processes.

Please let me know about some past experiences in this field. I will
we more than pleased to share my findings with you.

Best regards from rainy and also warm La Paz

Jaime