[OSList] a fresh look at the meeting "agenda"

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Thu Feb 21 05:06:05 PST 2013

Paul I don't ever recall actually "closing" a market place - as in saying
that no other issues can be posted. I do suggest that people post all their
issues at the start, and again on the morning of the 2nd Day (if there is
one) - noting that while they certainly can post issues as any time, the
likelihood that they will be seen is small. The reason is simple and
practical: Everybody is off doing something else. I suppose in a small
group, all working in a single room, new postings would get noticed - But
most of my Open Spaces have been 100+ -- and for sure when you get 500-2000
folks all milling and wandering about new posting do go un-noticed, and
announcing them on the PA System doesn't seem to do much good as the words
just get lost in the ambient noise.

And Raffi - Thanks for sharing Rosa's work, but I do confess that doing what
she proposes seems to require a lot more work to accomplish what pretty much
happens all by itself.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to: