[OSList] Official Invitation to WOSonOS 2013 - May 16-19, 2013 - St. Petersburg Florida

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:09:37 PST 2013

¡muchas gracias
Thank you Agustin AJ of Columbia.  Yes I was so delighted to see your
messages that I did a quick search to be reminded of who you are and I
found this wonderful posting by you of an Open Space on Education in
Columbia (my neighbors in Connecticut were from Columbia, Bogota and I love
them).  I have re-posted it below as a joint celebration of the wonderful
collaboration we are having with our educational institutions in Florida
around WOSonOS2013:  The University of South Florida (USF) in St.
Petersburg, the Collaborative Labs for our February 28th workshop at St.
Petersburg College and even some amazing conversations with USF Tampa.   I
hope perhaps there is a chance you can attend. I believe that Jasmina
Nikolic from the University of Belgrade (Foreign Studies) in Serbia who is
also doing amazing work with Open Space in Education will also be coming.
So ¡muchas gracias!  I celebrate our upcoming event feeling that indeed the
World is Waiting .... (for Open Space) in Education where it is much needed
and in so many other places too.

*And here again your wonderful posting:*

July 7, 2012

Hello all,

I am very happy to share with you that we have "opened space" in Colombia
last week.  We organized with the Instituto de la Conversación (The
Institute of Conversation) an OS about how to make better the education in
Colombia. It was formally the first OS I have facilitated and it was a
great experience.  It was a 5 hour event but it was enough to have great
conversations.

Some interesting topics:

   - Education for peace
   - Technology in education
   - Ethics and education
   - The roll of arts and humanities in college education
   - Education and citizenship

This is the first event of a series we want to organize about Education.
One of the objectives of the Instituto de la Conversación is to open the
space to voices that are not necessarily included in the debates oficially
sponsored, when goverment presents a reform about  the major issues that
are of interest to the whole society. Some months ago the Colombian
goverment presented a education reform that was rejected. Some pictures in
http://openspaceworld.ning.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=3lpeyb4caj5oc

Regards,

Agustin Jimenez

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM, agusj <agusjs2002 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Congratulations! Great!!!!!!!! [image: *=D> applause][image: *=D>
> applause][image: *=D> applause][image: *=D> applause][image:
> *=D> applause][image: *=D> applause][image: *=D> applause][image:
> *=D> applause][image: *=D> applause]
>
> AJ

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group