[OSList] LIVE TV program on Open Space

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 07:40:59 PST 2013

To follow up on the exciting stuff that Dan Mezick mentioned (Vive la
France!), here's what's happening in the Virtual World.

I've been missing in action on the OSlist lately. Connected with an awesome
bunch of folks in the Twitter, Google Hangout, and Google+ World.  We are
totally aligned in revolutionizing the workplace and making work more
joyful and productive.  It all happened as a result of facilitating Agile
NYC in September.  Achim Nowak, author of the amazing book, Infectious
Connections <http://www.influens.com/>, which I highly recommend was the
key note speaker.  He saw the spark of Open Space and introduced me to the
most amazing folks including a French Canadian Johann Gauthier, creator of
HRockstars, who will be thrilled with the French Version of Harrison's Ted
Talk.

All of this has ignited my passion for Open Space and opening space even
more. Interesting thing is we're not really talking about Open Space all
that much, but there is a definite curiosity and a buzz in the air, around
it.

So much so that the
HRockstars,<https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111166240740728636143?cfem=1>which
I have joined, invited me to talk about Open Space on one of their
Live Google Hangouts this week. They are connected to tons of folks in
Twitterland.

This Wednesday,  Jasmina and I will be the featured guests on a TV program
totally dedicated to Open Space.  I think Harold will be joining as a panel
guest as well as Elizabeth Murphy from New Jersey.  The publicity (see
photo)<https://plus.google.com/photos/yourphotos?hl=en_US&pid=5955776042045721858&oid=107092455252001428843>
created for this event is amazing!  Iva Ignjatovic  created it. She is from
Serbia, our future WOSonOS Host Country Location. How cool is that!  The
graphics are so vibrant, alive and yes New York city chaotic!  You can join
here<https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c994gpgo4kf2j4k7esfc290lsts?authkey=CO6T2ODi5_6xaQ>
for this event. You will need to join Google+ if you're not already on it.
Just say *YES* that you are going when you get to the website.

* If you do not want to join Google+* or won't know until the last minute
if you want to come, then you can go to the live program with a link.

*Now it's a bit tricky to view the live event because we have to  wait
until  just a few minutes before the program airs to get the actual link.
I will post on the OS list at that time. There will also be an opportunity
to view the recording later. *

The actual live broadcast is happening on *Wednesday night December 11 from
6 pm to 7 pm *(Eastern Standard Time- New York Time).

I don't quite understand this Google Hangout stuff and I often find myself
lost in the Social Media maze but let me tell you, it's hopping out there.
I love being involved and can easily live with "whatever happens" and "be
prepared to be surprised". Feels like the Wave Riding Chaos that Harrison
speaks of and as I let myself go with the flow, just being totally
energized and excited about opening spaces, it's truly been grand.  Amazing
folks just like our Technology Scrum Agile Folks. I now imagine a world of
heart-centered, action-oriented folks joining us: Tribes of Tribes doing
what we love and believe in.

I am very happy that Elizabeth Murphy will be on the show. It's almost like
having a client on the show. She is doing amazing things at Creative New
Jersey.  Creative New Jersey started as one Open Space event a few years
ago with Chuni Li and I working with them. Elizabeth
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p876s9e5vWc>was a participant then.  It
has now become a series across the state (5 Open Spaces to date with 9 more
planned -- and neither Chuni nor I are involved).  So very exciting to see
it self-organize as it has. This
blog<http://www.howlround.com/using-open-space-technology-the-new-coffee-break>by
another New Jersey participant tells the coffee break story of their
Open Space series.

Anyway, I'm a little shy with all the visibility that Jasmina and I have
been getting for this upcoming program. Not quite the invisibility of an
Open Space facilitator that I am used to. That said, we just have to get
the word out there cause there is so much need and opportunity to be
opening spaces everywhere most especially in the workplace.  Last week, I
had the opportunity to be on live
TV<http://www.nothingbutexcellence.net/?p=959>with the HRockers and
some amazing guests:  best-seller authors and social
media leaders who are hugely invested in changing the way we work. It was
great fun.

Now the good news about all this is that some of the folks I've been
hanging out with want to come to the Annual Open Space training event with
Harrison Owen and Karen Davis at International House in New York City
scheduled for January 18-20th, 2014 (Saturday through Monday).

Without predicting the future, we've always known that Open Space is worth
spreading like wild fire and it has -- hundreds and hundreds of thousands
of times, now millions in the future.  As we all know it's really nothing
new, just the way life is but the key is having a bit awareness around
that.

Feeling so grateful that these opportunities to spread what we love and
know is happening.

Suzanne
--
Suzanne Daigle