[OSList] Fulbright Leadership Conference

doug ost at footprintsinthewind.com
Wed Dec 4 17:42:42 PST 2013

Friends--

Have been asked for ideas for an OST or similar segment for a Thursday
through Saturday time frame. Could you please help me think through what
I might invite them to do? Has anybody done work for this program before
and do you have proceedings/reports that might help?

Those attending are women from either Sub-Sahara Africa or Western
Hemisphere (our local group is competing for both groups, and at most
one will be assigned), who are completing their studies in the US and
heading back to their countries. The purpose of the program is to
increase mutual understanding of folks in the US and other countries.

The US State Department is apparently running the event and has asked
for each "workshop" to be 2 hours in length. Their priority areas for
skill-building workshops are:
	Communication/Networking
	Identification of Leadership Styles
	Resume writing
	Conflict Resolution
	Team Building/Leadership
	Problem Solving
	Goal setting
	Grant writing

These seem custom-made for OS!

How would you approach this? The proposal must be in to the State Dept
by Dec 9, so I am on deadline!

I am thinking of a parallel full day OS on the last day. Not sure who
all is involved (I know they are academics), but I want to suggest the
whole conference be in OST!

My contact thinks we should work on communication/networking or Problem
Solving. I'm not so sure. I am thinking of some theme like "Issues and
Opportunities for Taking All This Back Home."

Your suggestions?

:- Doug.