[OSList] Open Agile Adoption, Part 2

christine koehler chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 00:26:33 PDT 2013

Hi Dan

Interesting readings.
We'll probably have interesting conversations about the facilitator's role
vs Agile coach's role, when I read "In Open Agile Adoption, the coach
assisting you plays an important role by providing guidance and teaching"
and "An *Agile coach* functions as the master of ceremonies throughout".
When I talk about facilitator's role, I mean the way we usually understand
it in this list, "we" representing probably diverse practices but  a broad
understanding as being as invisible as possible in order not to interfere
with group self-organizing and empowering the group in the idea that noone
has better solutions for himself (itself ?es I mean "the group") than
members of the group themselves.

Christine

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM, Daniel Mezick <dan at newtechusa.net> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> Here for the first time is the complete high-level description of Open
> Agile Adoption and some diagrams describing the Open Agile Adoption
> approach.
>
> If Harrison's book "SPIRIT: Development and Transformation in
> Organizations" is a kind of operating system, then Open Agile Adoption is a
> kind of app that runs on it.
>
> Is that SPIRIT book not very amazing?
>
> Open Agile Adoption Explained:
> http://newtechusa.net/agile/open-agile-adoption-explained/
>

> On 8/22/13 9:14 AM, Daniel Mezick wrote:
>
> Here's a recent Tweet I think you might like:
> https://twitter.com/DanMezick/status/370523537817083905
>
> What seems to be taking shape as a meme is the word [invitation]. It seems
> to be resonating out there in the zeitgeist.
>
> Michael Herman has written quite a lot about this for  long time, and at
> first, it just didn't hit me. I missed it.
>
> Yet, these past several years, I have become 100% attuned to the total
> lack of invitation in what we have come to call "Agile adoptions". And it
> is crystal clear to me now that this is THE missing ingredient.
>
> When invitation is present, genuine Agile adoptions can and do happen.
> When it is absent, the initial results do not last very long.
>
> Here is a wonderful essay by Martin Fowler, an Agile Manifesto signatory,
> on this very topic:
> http://martinfowler.com/bliki/AgileImposition.html
>
> If any of the members here have a question or two about Agile adoption,
> and how OST fits in a very wonderful way, I am very eager to help. Will you
> ask me some questions? I plan to schedule and announce some conference
> calls as well.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dan
>

> On 8/19/13 1:34 PM, Daniel Mezick wrote:
>
> Greetings to All,
>
> First of all, I apologize for taking so long in communicating further.
> This summer I emptied and sold a house, moved into another....
>
> ...and I became a grandfather!
>
> Here's a pic of the new wonderful baby person, Clara Louise, Aug 6:
> https://twitter.com/DanMezick/status/367104332493119488/photo/1
>
> All of that AND some technical glitches communicating with you all via
> OSTLIST. Special thanks to Harold Shinsato for helping me overcome OSTLIST
> technical-interface problems.
>
> Will you please accept my apology for being away for so long?
>
> The Global Scrum Gathering keynote is September 24, and of course I plan
> to explain Open Agile Adoption with OST during my address.
> I'm writing blog posts on the components, preparing my presentation, and
> pretty much scaring myself to death at the prospect of the 600-700 people
> who will be present.
>
> I know we have a huge story to tell about the utility of using Open Space
> during Agile adoptions, and I am working very hard to prepare, and to make
> sure I represent Open Space in the best possible light with respect to its
> [...]

[image: Christine Koehler, créatrice d'espace de Dialogue et de Coopération]
 Executive Coach, Médiateur
 www.christine-koehler.fr
 Tel :  06 13 28 71 38
  Fax :    09  72  32 36  65
New !  Formation 20/06/2013 De l’évènement au
Processus<http://christine-koehler.fr/2013/formation-de-levenement-au-processus-avril-2013/><http://www.youtube.com/embed/4OBVyB5Z9IU?rel=0>