[OSList] Open Agile Adoption, Part 2

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Mon Aug 19 14:09:15 PDT 2013

Hi Lourdes Adriana,

Here are the two larger conferences where I am planning keynotes on Open
Agile Adoption in the Fall:

1/ Global Scrum Gathering, Paris France, 9/24
http://www.scrumalliance.org/courses-events/events/global-gatherings/2013/paris-2013/schedules-and-program/tuesday-sept-24-2013/11-00-%E2%80%93-12-30-keynote-dan-mezick

2/ Agile Tour, Quebec City, Canada 11/6
http://www.agilequebec.ca/nouvelles/agile-tour-2013-keynote/

You can find past, present and future speaking engagements here. This
link also has other links, for example to www.OpenAgileAdoption.com,
etc, so it is a good place to start:
www.DanielMezick.com

Thanks for asking, and

Kind Regards,
Dan

On 8/19/13 1:47 PM, Lourdes Adriana Diaz-Berrio Doring wrote:
> [...]
>> FaceBook:
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/openagileadoption/
>> ...if you are a member, will you do some "likes", comments and maybe some
>> posts there?!? Special thanks to Suzanne for quickly posting some comments!
>>
>> There are several blog posts up now, and you can always see up-to-date
>> information at www.OpenAgileAdoption.com.
>>

>> The Picture
>>
>> Here are 3 blog posts that sketch out some of the sociological and
>> psychological issues that exist in Agile Adoptions, and how an approach
>> based on invitation & especially Open Space can help address these issues.
>>
>> I want and need to be clear that I have composed some elements, nothing
>> more. For example, the passage-rite concept is ancient. I have simply found
>> a useful place to apply it in the modern world. Open Agile Adoption creates
>> a modern passage rite, to help get the folks from here to there.
>>
>> Likewise, the canonical form of Open Space as described in the Guide is
>> used. It is used to dramatically increase engagement, on the hypothesis that
>> engagement is the very fuel of a good and lasting Agile adoption.
>> Storytelling is another core component. It's as old as the hills. I have not
>> created anything new here. On the contrary: Open Agile Adoption composes
>> some very ancient ideas into a cultural experience-design for modern tribes
>>
>> Here are the most recent posts:
>>
>> On Liminality
>> http://newtechusa.net/agile/liminality/
>>
>> On Passage Rites
>> http://newtechusa.net/agile/on-passage-rites/
>>
>> People, Then Practices: On Mandates
>> http://newtechusa.net/agile/people-then-practices/
>>
>> I am busy as a bee now, documenting all the elements of Open Agile Adoption
>> technique. I plan to share early and often with the members of this list as
>> the documentation is completed. Thanks for your patience!
>>
>> Agile Orientation for OSTLIST Members
>>
>> It came to my attention via Harold Shinsato that some folks on this list
>> might like to get an orientation on Agile, and how Open Space fits there. If
>> you are reading this and new to Agile and want an orientation, I am willing
>> to schedule a concall at a convenient time using Maestro conference, which
>> is a wonderful tool for doing that kind of work. Will you let me know if a
>> brief Agile orientation (with some lively Q&A) interests you? If enough
>> people express interest, I will schedule an event where we can hop on a
>> call, do a brief orientation, and get some Q&A going.
>>
>> Thanks for suspending your disbelief, and for being so kind!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Dan
>>

>> --
>>
>> Daniel Mezick, President
>>
>> New Technology Solutions Inc.
>>
>> (203) 915 7248 (cell)
>>
>> Bio. Blog. Twitter.
>>
>> Examine my new book:  The Culture Game : Tools for the Agile Manager.
>>
>> Explore Agile Team Training and Coaching.

Bio <http://newtechusa.net/dan-mezick/>. Blog
<http://newtechusa.net/blog/>. Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/danmezick/>.

Examine my new book:The Culture Game
<http://newtechusa.net/about/the-culture-game-book/>: Tools for the