[OSList] bridging two OS conferences

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Thu Aug 15 01:53:38 PDT 2013

Sounds like an interesting way to do it…maybe the next step for this place!
At this stage it's a little late to go that direction so we will have to figure out the smoothest way to integrate the two. We will be at a conference site away from the hospital this time.

I am thinking of leaving the reports from the 1st OST posted on a space where participants in the second OST can go to look and have inspiration. I have not planned to dedicate any specific time for this but just have it as an opportunity. Then there is the full report from the first day which will be produced as a PDF file a day before the next group will go into Open Space… I haven't made up my mind but what do you think about sending it out to the group heading into OST - or not? Maybe that would be a bit too overwhelming?

I also am thinking about the action planning for the second event. Then we will probably already have some action plans. I will use the re-opening approach where people make an agenda for action planning. So my idea is that people can choose, either bring up a new action or continue to work on one of the action plans already in place…

Then, of course we are having a follow up meeting in a couple of weeks time, where the leadership team and sponsors of action plans come together to continue the work.

I have a tele meeting with the leadership this afternoon, so I'll ask them what they think about it.

Still glad for any more ideas from you guys
Cheers
Thomas (heading to Norway on my motorbike on Sunday for a 3-day OST training in Oslo - then on to NOSonOS in Ålesund. A brake for these OST conferences in Sweden, than fly back to drive my motorbike along the fjords of Norway….not complaining about life (-: !!)