[OSList] Potluck food and Open Space meetings.

doug ost at footprintsinthewind.com
Wed Aug 14 09:09:17 PDT 2013

Kári--

Do it all the time and it works well!

What comes to mind: a class of students at a local school where we
schedule a 3 to 6 hour OS around noon, and all the students bring
food--warm, cold, sweet, main course, side dishes, soft drinks. They
even sneak in the food, since because of the contract of the school with
their food purveyor, outside food is frowned upon.

Also these people after graduation continue to meet for full day and
evening before OST retreats, and they love to show off their cooking!

Also, a church group which does potlucks all the time met around the
subject "How Then Shall We Serve?" (not about food, by the way!) for 4
evenings running. If you search the archives of the oslist there is
probably a report on this one.

I think people like to bring food for others to share. As someone said
many times on the list, food and OST are made for each other. Sharing
food helps us share work.

What dish are you bringing?

:- Doug.