[OSList] OS hotline reminder - in 40 minutes! + Harvesting

christine koehler chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:43:02 PDT 2013

Hi Tricia

I would love to join, but I am very bad at figuring out time zone.
can you give me the hour and the timezone so I can try to convert it to
GMT+1 ?

thanks
Christine

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Tricia Chirumbole <
tricia at investorswithoutborders.net> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> OS hotline skype is convening in 40 minutes at 12pm EDT - follow link or
> email me to sign up: OS marketplace <http://tinyurl.com/nxbndq8>
>
> Also, following are notes from our previous two hotline skypes - enjoy!
>
> *OS hotline skype – July 23, 2013*
>
> * *
>
> *Website advice request: *Tricia requests advice about including a
> section on her impending OS website about group’s “assessing readiness”
> with a few rhetorical questions.
>
> -          Question is why include? A formal assessment tool is not
> recommended
>
> -          Situational questions are suggested as possibly valuable.
>
> -          Voluntary participation is important
>

> *Action/product development in open space*: Why don’t we do this more, or
> talk about this more – tons of opportunities.
>
> -          Paul co-authored a book entirely in Open Space (editing done
> outside, but this was due to time constraints)
>
> -          Link from book that Paul co-authored – wrote book in three
> days, each session was a chapter – peak experiences in life producing a
> real artifact in Open space tech:
> http://pure.au.dk/portal/files/292/Thin_book_OT.pdf
>
> -          Interest among group in exploring these possibilities.
>
> -          Reference Leadership article by Bob Marshall that was
> circulated on OS list – People like agile, but is a better product
> delivered because people are enjoying the process of scrum/agile?
>
> -          Conversation with a friend who thinks something like that
> could only work if the whole organization was in the room, stuck in
> hierarchy, can’t do anything without approval.
>
> -          Envision: Open space happening on building site with machines
> and materials – just getting things done – have some items pre-determined,
> so that you don’t need more approvals
>
> -          In the arts in the UK there is a great event happening for
> years, takes place in the ruins of a castle, mainly programed, everyone
> works on renovating this castle – do a 3 or  4 day OS and day 2 is an
> invitation to renovate a garden in venue we are meeting, everyone creates
> something
>
> -          Envision:  to do an OS on urban planning and actually build
> something – you can talk about it, and talk about it, but actually build it
>

> *Example of action-oriented open-spacey approach in practice: *Young
> people running a web design company somewhere in UK - doing something like
> opening space, but getting things done, not just talking. They would
> convene in a space, talk about goals/plans, identify what various people
> planned to work on in some relative order/timeline – then break off in
> groups depending on what strikes them and reconvene at lunch/later in day.
>

> *We need Open Space research! *Get $$ for research about developing
> products/doing things in open space – who’s in? Some in group would like to
> move on it.

> [...]

[image: Christine Koehler, créatrice d'espace de Dialogue et de Coopération]
 Executive Coach, Médiateur
 www.christine-koehler.fr
 Tel :  06 13 28 71 38
  Fax :    09  72  32 36  65
New !  Formation 20/06/2013 De l’évènement au
Processus<http://christine-koehler.fr/2013/formation-de-levenement-au-processus-avril-2013/><http://www.youtube.com/embed/4OBVyB5Z9IU?rel=0>