[OSList] WOSonOS2013... Book of Proceedings and more

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 17:08:03 PDT 2013

*Greetings!*

The month of May seems like a long time ago but in so many ways, it feels
like WOSonOS 2013 happened just yesterday. For those who made the journey;
for those who poked their head in virtually and then stayed awhile; and for
those who were with us in spirit and wished they could have come, *Thank
You!  *

Here are a few documents that we hope you will enjoy:

The *First * tells the story of a unique partnership between an amazing
group of Millennials, a University (our co-hosts: University of South
Florida St. Petersburg) and a WOSonOS planning team. This book is our way
of saying THANK YOU to all who contributed a part of themselves. There were
many events leading up to WOSonOS 2013...going back to 2010. Through words,
images and videos, we have tried to convey what transpired and at the same
time, capture the friendships, the vibrant local and global connections
that got seeded and the essence of what it was like just being together in
May.  As happens in Open Space, the story of what's next is never fully
known. All we can say judging from the many bits and pieces that we see and
hear, the community of practice that got established, is that a lot is
happening and will continue to happen here in the Tampa Bay area and in
different parts of the world because we were together. Passion and purpose,
vision and hope, laughter and promise -- it was and is all there, the stuff
that happens all the time in Open Space.

   1. *Instructions to view this book are simple*:  Click the first link
   below, then double click the book when it appears for a full screen view;
   at the top you will see a round button that you can move to the right that
   allows you to toggle for larger print size and finally on the right hand
   side of the book, an arrow to move from page to page. *New technology*...so
   feel free to play with it and don't forget to click on some of the short
   interviews that were done (with simultaneous translations)!*

   Link to the WOSonOS Special Host Partner Book*
   http://www.flipsnack.com/76EE6B7EFB5/fdt5wmmp
   Starting on page 33,click the video links to relive some of the magical
   moments, then on pages 38 to 41, listen to China extending their invitation
   for 2015, marvel at Haiti and all that they shared about being here (or not
   being here...yes, be prepared to be surprise!) and then chuckle heartily
   listening to Alan Stewart from Australia and finally, feel the excitement
   of Serbia for 2014.
   On the last page, the special thank you's to a planning team and others
   who lent a hand.

   2. The *Second Document *is the *Official Draft of the Book of
   Proceedings* in PDF format. It remains a draft because a book of
   proceedings is never fully done (it lives on) and yet, at some point we
   must say: "when it's over, it's over".

Special thanks to Lisa Heft for adding her unique flair and creativity in
the final layout with many photos, bringing the document to 200 pages from
an initial 166. Much wisdom in all these discussion reports!  Also
wonderful to see one summary appearing in three languages:  English,
Chinese and Creole!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48620027/WOSonOS%202013%20St.Petersburg%20Florida/WOSonOS%202013_%20Book%20of%20Proceedings.pdf
*Thank you again and our best wishes to Jasmina Nikolic and her wonderful
Serbia team for WOSonOS 2014!

*
*From WOSonOS2013** Host Team*   (Sharon Joy Kleitsch, David O'Neill,
Marilyn and Marc Anderson, Ben Roberts, Aaron Wasserman, Michele Young,
Eric Weaver, Doris Reeves-Lipscombe, Catie Wonders, Kevin Blossfeld,
Michele Norris, Suzanne Daigle) and others who rolled up their sleeves by
providing training (Lisa Heft, Diane Gibeault) and pitching in to help set
up the rooms (Gail West, Linda Stevenson, Karen Davis); Devon Morris for
Live streaming and Scrum training  and Harold Shinsato on keeping our
financials straight. Also special thank you to Access Queen and to OSIUS
for their unwavering support.