[OSList] This is the time. We are the people. You are the one.

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 07:03:47 PDT 2013

Hi all... don't I just love how these emails go out to the whole world.  So
all can see the stuff that goes on behind the scenes when we host a World
Open Space. Everything wonderful and fun just as Lisa Heft, our wonderful
Access Queen, said it would be.

Just to let you know that Marilyn Anderson, our dear lodging committee lead
has been working on cheaper alternatives for lodging to accommodate all.
Through her initiatives with a broad outreach, she was successful in
finding a wonderful host to welcome our friends from Haiti to their home.
It happened through a new friend Dr. Ron who does work in Haiti and lives
in the Tampa Bay area, with someone from his family who will be hosting.
They are so excited! And we are too, imagining the wonderful reunion.

So Adriana, just to let you know the search is definitely on to find
something that matches as best we can and yes, we'll be delighted for
another pair of helping hands, though most especially we want all to fully
live and experience this world event and all who will be there.  Passionate
people from across the Globe doing amazing things...such learning and
sharing there will be!

And as this beautiful OS process has been conceived, it is intended to be
simple (with one facilitator and not much more) though of course we are
adding a few things so everyone can savor this wonderful place and this
wonderful event.

Suzanne

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Lourdes Adriana Diaz-Berrio Doring <
adriana at diazberrio.com> wrote:

> Suzanne: I am very happy that I will be there!
> Cerainely I will like to help as much as posible there.
>
> I just have not find a place to stay that will be less expensive...Agustin
> is looking for a solution. If you have any idea plaes let me know. the
> cheapest hotel that is close by costs  around 90 dollars that's whay we are
> looking for alternatives...
> Adriana
>

> 2013/4/24 Suzanne Daigle <sdaigle4 at gmail.com>
>
>> Dear Kari, Ludger and all,
>>
>> How I wish the world could all come to St. Petersburg, FL for WOSonOS!
>>
>> It feels like it will be such a special time filled with sunshine and
>> surprises.  A little over 3 weeks to go!  I know it is so costly to travel
>> over the seas and it is amazing to me that some are coming from Taiwan,
>> China, Africa, Haiti, Europe, Australia....  I assure you that on the
>> budget side, we will do everything we can to assist...! I love Lisa's
>> (Access Queen's)  program of pay as much as you can which means that those
>> with a bit more can assist others who have less. Plus so many other ways to
>> add a few dollars here and there.  So be in touch with us, with Marilyn,
>> with Sharon Joy for the training and with Lisa of course.
>>
>> Tomorrow I will be writing in a bit more detail to bring you up to date
>> on what has been happening as we await your arrival. A community of Open
>> Space is being created as we speak...a movement of people having the joy of
>> discovering this wonderful thing called Open Space which brings us together
>> in ways that we discover a bit more about every day.  It has been such a
>> gift!
>>
>> For our US and Canadian friends (and in Mexico and South America...such
>> close neighbors), please consider coming. It's not too late!   Last minute
>> airfare specials may pop up. Spread the word.  We have lots of wide open
>> space for all.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>> Suzanne
>>
>> P.S. Yes Ludger you can pay with a cash note when you arrive and  yes
>> there will be things to do to help when you arrive, all in the spirit of
>> "one less thing to do" which means we all roll up our sleeves together.
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Kári Gunnarsson <
>> kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is> wrote:
>>
>>> I am sorry that I can not come this time to the Wosonos, I don't have
>>> the budget right now. I have some items for the silent auction never
>>> the less, but I will not send it.  If anyone traveling over the
>>> Atlantic is stopping over in Iceland on the way (to take a bath in the
>>> blue lagoon), then I would be happy to give these items to the bath
>>> guests and drive them around seeing some sites.
>>>
>>> With love from Iceland
>>> Kári

>>> can do
>>> budget.

> [...]