[OSList] Entirely-online OSs?

Elisabeth Tepper Kofod elitepperk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 08:03:50 PDT 2013

Hi, dear OST friends:
Last night when I read this email, I wanted without success to send you
Richard and Eiwor's email.  And I am happy Richard has answered you.
The work they have done is amazing!  So very comprehensive, that even if we
can't see each other (and sometimes when the internet connection is stable
enough we can even do that) we can communicate in voice, move into our
smaller circles, and enjoy a happy OS meeting.
Love
Elisabeth

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Richard Schultz <richard at wisdomways.net>wrote:

> Hi James, Harold, Béatrice, and others interested,****
>
> ** **
>
> I and a colleague, Eiwor Backelund, have developed an online OST process
> using Blackboard Collaborate. This is the process that Harold participated
> in through my website www.wisdomways.net and mentions in his email below.
> However, we have now moved our process to a new website
> www.collaborativeways.com. Eiwor and I are both co-owners of the Genuine
> Contact™ Program, but as Harold says, the online OST process we have
> developed is separate from Genuine Contact. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Our OST process stays very true to the in-person OST process. People
> gather visually in an online circle at the beginning. A live facilitator
> holds space and opens the space with the theme,  principles and law.
> There is a blank agenda board where participants are invited to propose
> topics for discussion and select the time and breakout space when they
> would like to have the meeting. Participants can move themselves to the
> breakouts, use the law of two feet to "bumblebee" from room to room and
> there is a butterfly room where they can sit and reflect. There is a
> closing circle at the end and if it is a multiple-day meeting, there is
> morning and evening news.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> The Blackboard environment has whiteboards for notes and drawing, chat,
> voice, emocons, desktop application sharing and video capability, so it is
> a very rich environment to dialogue and create reports. We provide a Book
> of Proceedings after the meeting. We have also done multi-day meetings
> including convergence of ideas and action planning at the end of the
> meeting. Our total capacity is about 100 participants with as many breakout
> rooms as we like. Overall it is just like OST, except the rooms are online.
> Because it is online, we also have the added capability of moving the
> topics to online forums for further discussion between sessions or after
> the OST meeting. ****
>
> ** **
>
> To get everyone comfortable with the technology prior to the online OST,
> we have also added  a short online self-study course which allows them to
> test their connections and get familiar with the online tools in
> Blackboard. We did this because one of the biggest barriers that I have
> found to online meetings is the unfamiliarity with the online interface or
> connection issues. If something is not done prior to the online meeting,
> invariably the meeting may get delayed trying to get people connected or
> productive in the space. ****
>
> ** **
>
> If anyone would like to experience this, we have an free OST this coming
> Thursday April 25 at 9am MST, (15:00 UTC/GMT) on the theme: Exploring
> Conscious Capitalism. The meeting will not be recorded(except the written
> reports) so please sign up only if you are intending to actually
> [...]

*E**lisabeth **T**epper **K**ofod*
*Facilitadora de Procesos de Transformación*
Genuine Contact Professional & Co-owner
Master Practitioner. Coach & Trainer PNL
Terapia Sistémica - Constelaciones Familiares
*A proud member of the Genuine Contact Leadership Management Team*
elitepperk at gmail.com
58 212 986 4254
58 424 256 5855