[OSList] This is the time. We are the people. You are the one.

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu Apr 18 18:20:13 PDT 2013

This is a message from Access Queen. For those of you not familiar
with Access Queen, read below my signature.
This is a message both for those of you who are coming to the WOSonOS
and those who are not.

Yes, it is a long message. Get a cup of tea and read on...

__________

This is the time.

- This is the time to register for the World Open Space on Open Space
(WOSonOS) conference, if you are thinking of it. May 16-19, St.
Petersburg, Florida USA
- This is the time to register for the Open Space Learning Workshop
that precedes the WOSonOS, if you are thinking of it. May 14-16, St.
Petersburg also.

Why?
- Because when you register for the WOSonOS, you give the WOSonOS 2013
Host Team information about who is coming, plus a greater sense of the
resources they have or need to host this amazing co-learning conference.
- With more advance information they can see their costs - which is
helping them as individuals putting on an event.
- Which is also helping them and me see overall who is coming, who may
need assistance, who has a room to share and more.

Register for the WOSonOS
http://wosonos2013.crowdvine.com/ for more information, including a
tab at the top to register.

Register for the Open Space Learning Workshop
http://wosonos2013.crowdvine.com/pages/pre_conference_workshop for
more information, including a 'register now' button.

Why?
Well of course because I would love to share learning with you. I will
be at both events.
But also for those of you who are thinking of coming to the workshop:
Because when you register for the workshop, you give me information
that informs the design of my workshop - plus I can see who needs just
a little bit more help in order to be able to attend.

If you can afford the travel and the time for either or both of these
events, and are worried about a few more of the costs, do contact me
at lisaheft at openingspace.net and we will put our creative heads
together.

__________

We are the people.

- We are the people who know how amazing Open Space is.
- A wonderfully diverse group of us will be at the WOSonOS, and at the
workshop.
- We are the ones who know how important it is to get together face-to-
face for rich learning and deepening community.
- This is why we share this event around the world - and why several
of us hosts regular regional events, as well.
- We are also the people who can share resources to help others get to
these annual events.

There are several people who have worked very hard to generate
resources in such creative ways - and yet they need just a little bit
more, to be able to attend.
In Access Queen language, these are the Askers.
I have worked with WOSonOS Host Teams since 2002 and do you know what?
Almost every year, over 1/2 the participants cannot afford the per-
person cost it takes to put on this event.
It costs money to rent a room, and give everyone a lovely several days
with meals included. And each year's Host Team does it in their own
marvelous and cultural way.

- We are the people who can help others - amazing colleagues who we
know and others who we have never met - attend this event.
- We can 'pay it forward'.

Do you have resources to share, financial or otherwise?

For the WOSonOS:
- perhaps you are booking a room in St. Petersburg or already have
done so, and you have an extra bed to share
- perhaps you are about to register and can afford the higher prices
so more will go into the resource pool to support this lovely event
If so, thank you so much  - go ahead and register at that amount. And
if you have a room or an extra bed to share, let me know and I can
pass this information along to the fabulous Marilyn on the Host Team.

For the workshop and the WOSonOS
- you have registered for one or the other event and are joining us
but you also have a bit more money to give so that others may join us
also
- you will not be joining us (so sad) but you have some money you
would like to contribute so that others of diverse financial abilities
may join us
If so, a deep Access Queen bow to you. Contact me at lisaheft at openingspace.net
  and I can share information with you about how you can contribute.

__________

You are the one.

You are the one who knows. Who believes in community. Who believes
that money should never get in the way of learning. Who knows that
every little bit is real, and tangible, and helps create change.

- Like Amerie Rose, who joined us for both the workshop and the
conference last year, in London:

"Sadly won't be able to join everyone at WOSonOS this year - but the
good news is that it is because I am in the final throws of my MA
Dramatherapy, and writing a very exciting dissertation, getting back
to my roots of theatre practice. I would very much like to donate a
humble amount to the funds to help others get there, as I really
benefited from this fund myself last year."

A deep bow to Amerie Rose, and how exciting about her dissertation, eh?

- Like some of our friends from Taiwan, who reached out with "a little
money we have stashed away".
- Like some of our other colleagues, who have built into their
facilitation work a practice of giving 10% to Access Queen from the
fees they collect for facilitating.
- Like some other colleagues and Institutes who have contributed funds
generated at their events or from their membership contributions.

A deep bow to ... the ones.

You are the one who can make a difference by sharing. You are known in
Access Queen languages as 'Givers'.
Thank you so much for what you are about to give.

Contact me at lisaheft at openingspace.net and I can share information
with you about how you can contribute.

__________

I am getting dizzy from all this bowing and my tiara is slipping off
my head but you deserve it all. Many many thanks.

Lisa Heft
(also known as Access Queen)

Access Queen is a project I began in at the WOSonOS in Vancouver in
2001 - to help those who need just a little bit more help and those
who have resources to share help each other, in community.
You may have heard of the story of 'Stone Soup', where each villager
gave just some salt, or one potato, or one carrot, and this
combination of resources made a very rich soup for all to share.
It is not a big money fund - for example, I do not pay for airplane
tickets. It is mostly an awareness project for greatest access and
inclusion, plus small funds that can make all the difference to Askers.
Pocket money, a little bit more so they can afford registration, a
meal out with a colleague, the ability to buy a book. And many ways of
sharing existing resources: room shares, ride shares, language
buddies, ways to think creatively about raising resources, people who
care. Such as you.