[OSList] How to assess the effectiveness of an OS Meeting.

Blundell, Keith keith.blundell at roche.com
Thu Apr 18 03:17:54 PDT 2013

Dear OS practitioners

As some of you already know I have been trying to pioneer the use of OS in
our agenda driven, action outcome orientated organisation.  I have had the
opportunity to run several meetings, but they have been short sessions and
restricted participants (in terms of organisational functional structure).

This has created a bit of a buzz and I am delighted that I have been
approached to run a meeting with a larger diverse group of participants
(cross functional) for at least a whole day!  Brilliant and I have no
concerns that it wont be successful.

But...unfortunately it is viewed as an "experiment" and so I am being
pushed by the sponsors as how will we assess its success.  I know that
there will be some good discussions, that participants "heads" will be in a
different place after the meeting, and it will be a great sharing and
learning experience.  I also know that any change and actions may come long
after the discussions so that the link between the event and outcome will
be more tenuous.

Has anyone experience and ideas for explaining the effectiveness of OS
within an organisation?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,

Keith.

--

*Keith Blundell*
Leadership and Team Excellence Leader

Office:   +44 (0) 1707 36 661
Mobile:  +44 (0) 7990 777 120
Mail to:  keith.blundell at roche.com

Registration Number: 100674

The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive
this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.