[OSList] Ending a one day OST with 775?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 02:45:19 PDT 2012

Dear Liza,
long time ago, I was baffled by how participants, especially children,
but also blind and deaf folks, did manage the ressources in the group
and how they accessed them.
So, I have grown very careful to either "equalize everyone's ability and
access to information" or not. Leavng that to the group has ALWAYS
worked, just another space for selforganization to do its thing.
The most stunning experience I had with 40 kids aged 7 to 11 was the
observation that one after another left the room after having announced
and posted their issues (there was a wonderful playground outside and a
buffet in an adjoining room). I was wondering how they would manage in
the market place when they returned... I struck my temple bells as the
stream of issues subsided, all the kids came in and participated in the
market activity AS IF THEY HAD NEVER LEFT THE ROOM. This has been one of
the most amazing manifestation of kids capabilities (adults, of course,
could never do this!!).
Greetings from Berlin
mmp