[OSList] Ending a one day OST with 775?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Sep 24 17:29:35 PDT 2012

Hi, Pernilla -

One thing I would add is that the very youngest people cannot read to
make choices from written topic headings or notes on the wall - so
perhaps, just as you might do with a multi-language group - you might
have 'translators' to read for them.
Also, it is very hard for most people to keep a chain of audio bits
(like one topic said after another after another) in their heads to
then make a choice.
So you might think about how the youngest people can have the same
sense of a body of information and diverse choices to select between
as the other-aged people.

Which brings to mind a question: why is it necessary to make a
'decision' at the end of this event?
Might it work better to design a way for everyone to
- receive the full notes post-event
- have some time to read and integrate the knowledge - including for
the youngest to have a conversation circle with someone going through
the notes
- in order to then be better informed to...
- ... prioritize in a way that best fits each of their abilities /
cultures?
(By that I mean - perhaps the youngest can talk about something, mark
or color each topic on some sort of work sheet based on how they are
feeling about it during this post-event notes-read-through
conversation, and show prioritization that way.  People of other
abilities can prioritize based on a survey sheet or SurveyMonkey or
voting software or...?

Again: how to equalize everyone's ability and access to information...?

I love that you are going with a combination of your wonderful rich
experience and your 'gut feeling'...

Let us know how it goes,
Lisa

>>> 9:30 Session 1
>>> 10.40 Session 2
>>> 11:45-13.15 Lunch (not negotiable time)
>>> 13:15 Session 3