[OSList] How do we invite key and high conflicted people?

Martin Roell martin at roell.net
Fri Sep 14 04:25:31 PDT 2012

Hello Eleder,

my thoughts:

Your (the) question, "Subject:  The self-managing model of our town: how
do we make it a continually innovating one? "

seemed to be the question only of the leading majority. It is not the
question of the "problem" minority: If I understand correctly, they are
_not_ actually interested in a "continually innovating self-managing
model", but in a different way of governance.

Therefore I think that in order to have a process which everybody is
interested in, the question needs to be reconsidered - and it probably
should be reconsidered with _everyone_.

I think that with
> Could we invite them to co-write the invitation, to take part in the
>  designing process?...

you are on the right track. The question then is then, how can you
invite them to take part in the co-writing-an-invitation process? :-)

Acknowledging that there are different opinions on how to govern the
community could be a start. Then go from there: "How should this
community be governed?" "How can this community be governed better?" -
these are rough starting points for a conversation in which all people
could share a common interest.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best!

Martin

--
Martin Röll, +49 178 4984743, Twitter, Skype: martinroell
Grünberger Straße 7, 10243 Berlin, Germany