[OSList] The role of session transcribers, this is my oslist session invite.

amerie rose amerierose at phonecoop.coop
Wed Oct 24 14:45:33 PDT 2012

Just a brief fluttering in to comment on the note taking. I have been
a little concerned about the convener being the note taker. Two
examples from the WOSonOS, which is my one and only fully attended OS
event so far!
1) A convener who has written a report as preacher-like as his circle
was held, and not a single note taken of the gems I witnessed and
heard from the participants, which suggests to me he didn't/couldn't
hear them. And then the same convener from what I can see, is
continuing to air his views that OS is being prevented from being a
truly open forum by overly prescriptive facilitators - well suffice to
say try walking it before you start talking it. I do not take kindly
to hypocrites.
2) I took use of this apparently new opportunity to comment on
reports, as offered by the London event. And then had to remove my
comments, as they were potentially 'dangerous' for 'them out there' to
read. What I thought I had done was take notes, and then offered to
share them with the community. Hmmm, still working through this one in
heart and mind...

No offence meant. Just observations that tickle me, and keep me
engaged with this community!
Warm smiles
Amerie x