[OSList] Beginnings, Middles and Ends... Where are we?

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 08:38:11 PST 2012

Arno.

One of my favourite "open space" happenings was the singing revolution in Estonia. Of course not a single Open Space Technology meeting was held but the while thing had the flavour of Open Space: high levels of passion, complexity, diversity and urgency and principles like whoever comes and whatever happens and when it starts and ends. And mostly it was powerful because people joined passion and responsibility and net the situation with good timing. In those years thy discovered another truth about themselves perhaps, that despite 1000 years of colonization, Estonians weren't slaves after all!

That is what it means to see the patterns of Open Space out in the world. Wherever it happens is the right place.

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Harvest Moon Consultants

Art of Hosting in Faith Based Communities, Salt Lake City, Utah
November 28th - December 1, 2012

Art of Hosting - Participatory Leadership and Social Collaboration, Bowen Island, BC November 11-14,2013