[OSList] 2/3 separate Saturday mornings Open Space?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu Nov 8 07:36:40 PST 2012

Wonderful Eleder - here are some questions that would come to my mind
if I myself was considering doing an Open Space on two or three
consecutive Saturday mornings:

- why is just the morning available?

- can time be found for a full-form Open Space - one that has the
gifts of multiple sessions of enough time each - plus opening and
closing circles - that does not rush people and allows for the
reflective thinkers as well as the slow responders?

- what is my reason for thinking there should be more than one Open
Space or that they should be on consecutive Saturdays - what is the
objective and how is it served by doing consecutive short Open Spaces

- am I thinking about how the mix of people will be different or the
same from one Saturday to the next? is this useful for the objectives?
not useful?

- what is my documentation design for these OSs - in a way that can be
realistically done in a short OS and in a way that is useful to the
needs of the participants and the meetings?

- does another process than Open Space offer what this group may find
useful? (just to check to see in my own mind whether OS is the right
fit - for example, in this case is World Cafe or another process
something that delivers what this group may find useful, or is OS what
I would best use on all consecutive Saturdays, or are there different
tasks for each Saturday, defining the need to use different processes
because of what each process offers and delivers?

Curious,

Lisa