[OSList] how to organize record of proceedings in a 3h1/2 OST format ?

christine koehler chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:32:48 PST 2012

Hi dear OS community

I'll be facilitating soon a short OS event of about 3h1/2, at the end of a
2 days conference for women involved in politics.
The host insists on having typed proceedings, because she expects the OS
part to boost empowerment in participants and encourage them to be more and
more professional in their involvement (and stay in politics in spite of
all kind of troubles women face in this kind of career.).

In the beginning she was thinking of having staff type reports but I
discouraged her and she agreed to it. So we will have computers to type
reports . Reports will be typed by participants themselves.

However I never organized typed reports within such a short event so I
would appreciate your advices and experiences.
Right now I suggested 2 rounds of one-hour-session then a break of 1/2h in
order to type reports then closing circle. But that makes the break quite
late in the afternoon and just before the closing circle: this doesn't feel
optimal.

What would you suggest ?

Christine