[OSList] Half the conference participants doing open space?

Sandy Gee wildbalance at gmail.com
Mon May 28 07:58:48 PDT 2012

Thank you for all your helpful replies.

I'm encouraged to be open to both options - of creatively using the
auditorium to do OST with the whole conference (now my preference) or just
doing OST in a more comfortable space with half the participant. And I've
given it back to the organisers to decide their priorities.

I loved the option you suggested Harrison of just using the front rows of
the auditorium and setting up another set of rows facing - thanks for the
encouragement to go ahead and make it work in a less than ideal space. I
liked that you managed the level difference with humour. That's definitely
a possibility here.

Thanks Suzanne for your story and for the suggestion to invite the
participants to consider other times and place to gather beyond the set
sessions - inspiring.

I love the suggestion several of you have made of inviting people to
imagine being in an circle and yours, Lisa, of 'implying' the circle with
use of the walls and with the body walking around the space.

Thanks too Lisa for the tip on checking their publicity - that it's
jargon-free and clear.

The conference theme is 'Exploring the Uncertain Landscape of Existential
Psychotherapy' so I believe that offers an opening for OST and scope for
some unconventional use of the physical space!

Phelim I'm the link you posted just took me to a photo of a poster of a
bumblebee. Was there more? I'd love to know more about it.

Oh and thanks again Lisa for your list of questions to look more deeply at
what's right here.

I'm heartened to be part of such a warm and responsive community
Sandy

PS I'll keep you posted