[OSList] Occupy Report

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 10:36:07 PDT 2012

Great thinking, Chris and Elwin.

I want to add one surprise. I learned at the debrief meeting yesterday that as people were exercising the Law of Two Feet and leaving a session during the OST, sometimes people would ask "Where are you going?!"

I'd never heard in all my experience of OST of people asking such a question. Of course they had "permission" to do so...Interestingly, I realize I'd made an assumption that people in the context of Occupy would never ask such a question, whatwith a passion for autonomy and such...

If anything, this is a reminder to me about the pitfalls associated with making any assumptions about the culture of a group and how we all can benefit from hearing these reminders- the four (or five) principles, one law, and one admonition...

raffi